I have always been interested in adult cosmetic treatments, and I was the first orthodontist in Houston to utilize lingual braces in the early 1980s, though Invisalign® has become the popular choice for most adults today. I feel that by continuously learning and lecturing about orthodontics I can give my patients the best orthodontic treatment possible.
I attended college at the University of Oklahoma from 1968 to 1972, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology. I attended dental school at the University of Louisville from 1972 to 1973 and completed my dental degree at the University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston in 1977. My postgraduate residency in orthodontics was also at the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston, Texas, from 1977 to 1979.
I have been actively involved with continuing education through the entire 30 years I’ve been in practice. I attend many lectures throughout the United States and I am a well-known lecturer on many orthodontic techniques, such as early treatment in children with functional jaw orthopedics, cosmetic adult accelerated treatment, TMJ problems in children and adults, and Invisalign.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Association for Functional Orthodontics
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Texas Dental Association
- Oklahoma Dental Association
- Houston District Dental Society
- Society for Occlusal Studies
- Southwest Craniomandibular Society
- Houston Orthognathic Study Seminars
- Houston Regional Society of Orthodontists
Outside the Office
Among my many hobbies, dog training, woodworking, and home restoration projects are my favorites.
Dr. James May is your experienced Houston, TX orthodontist. Call our office today to schedule your first appointment!